Sunday, June 22, 2008

Freshman Orientation

Wellllll. Im here. FINally. BYUUUU!!! wooo hooo.

haha wellp. I got here on Friday morning at 10 am. I checked in and walked around the wilk center to the bookstore until the program started! Then there was a devotional at which some very good speakers explained the importance of a BYU education and becoming a disciple scholar! I got to hear Sister Susan Tanner's husband speak to the group. It was a great experience. Then they divided us up into Y groups which are boys and girls grouped together because of where they are dorming. The girls on my hall got grouped up with the Budge 1200 boys. THey are just adorable. There are three really awesome guys in our group: Brady, Brandon, and Skyler. WE have had some major laughs! So then we just went around in our Y groups and learned stuff about the campus. THe experience was awesome. That night there was this awesome little dance where they taught us dances from other countries; haha xcept there was a country western.

Saturday! WEll Saturday started at 8 am with a devotional from the University. Then we went on a tour of the campus to learn where all our classes are. I had so much fun learning about the school because I honestly didnt know that much about it! Then I left campus with my family and headed to Provo Canyon and a few other places like the mall... haha duh. I cant go without finding the mall. After that I came back here for the major dance/extravaganza. The first part was the dating game which I cant even explain but it was amazing! haha. THen we watched an amatuer magic show. He stunk but I'll give him props because he cut a chick in half... that was alright... hahaha. Maybe I shouldnt be so picky with my magicians. :) Then there was about 30 minutes of dancing outside which was soooo awesome!!! I had a GRate time. but yup. Im here.

Its Sunday morning... I am about to get ready for church. This is the verdict... I LOVE IT HERE!
BYU has grown on me... I can honestly say that I am thrilled. Wish me luck. Im in the 152nd ward!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would like it:) What a packed fun weekend! Thanks for keeping your blog up! Did you take any pic's? You for got to talk about where you get to eat and who your roomie is and the low down about her. In twenty or so years you will have a girl who will have 20 or more questions about this:)

Jackie said...

I'm so glad you like it! I was in the 153rd ward my freshmen year. :) Enjoy it!