Tuesday, September 30, 2008

St. George Excursion



So I went to St. George this weekend with my roommate.  We had so much fun!!!
On Saturday morning, we got to be in the Swiss Days parade where Angela drove the tractor and i rode on the front being lifted and dropped... haha sounds dangerous but oh was it fun!!! and people in the crowd were gasping and thinking I was gonna die! I loved it!  

We even spent time doing our homework during the day, but after that, it was all partay.

We went fourwheeling for a while down on her farm, and that was so much fun! I thought I might get hurt a few times, but I came out triumphant with only a bruise to show. :)

Then we went to the General Relief Society Broadcast which was phenomenal, and President Uchtdorf's talk just made my day.  I had such a great experience listening to him talk about our joy and our job as women to be happy and help others.

We went to Kurt's house for his farewell party!!! I cant believe he leaves and goes to the MTC tomorrow and then to Finland in December.

After his farewell, all Angela's friends came over and had a giant sleepover in her living room.  It was so much fun, and made me really miss my friends back home. Sadd but true.

Well... Sunday was Kurt's farewell talk and then we left and came back to Provo.  

This weekend was phenomenal and St. George is gorgeous. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to be in a parade! I too loved the Womens General R.S. meeting!!!! I loved all of the talks, they were powerful and motivating:) I am looking forward to this weekend's Conference!!!! Keep working hard and we will see ya in a few months.

Adam and Shalisa said...

Glad you had a great weekend. I remember going to Swiss Days...so much fun. Enjoy school and keep up the hard work. The love picture of the sunset.