Saturday, September 13, 2008

Two Weeks Into the Semester!!!!


Well its beeeeeen 2 weeks. My semester started beautifully while my roommate, Angela, and I started getting along grandly. We really hit it off. Classes have been quite nice; I think I will thoroughly enjoy this semester, it might be hard, but I love a challenge. Social life is kinda slow because Im working full time, 20 hours AND going to classes. Homework is a bit of a pain, and I dont know, I just am suffering from homesickness.


My dorm is so cute, and I love the way that we have it set up. I am in the shared room with a sink again, and loving it. We don't really have any problems with anything in our room, which is phenomenal.

New announcements? umm... I chopped off my hair, o
h and BYU beat UCLA 59 to 0 this afternoon. That was awesome. hmmmmm..... I bought a new pair of shoes for 30 on sale from 70. That was quite nice. I got a new coat for 20 bucks which is adorable, its a pea coat and man oh man is it darling.

I turn 18 in 19 days... I am so thrilled, I dont even know what to do with myself. haha Im a poor college student, so I wont be having a lot of fun. Oh and I got my new address. Its:
3116 Taylor Hall
Provo, UT 84604

Yup... My favorite class this semester is probably going to be Book of Mormon. I love the spirit of the class, and the discussions that we get into. Its not so much doctrine based as it is how the doctrines make you feel. It probably wont help me on the exams, but its really building my testimony to read 30 minutes a day and record what I feel/think.

Oh yeah. Elder Holland spoke at BYU last Sunday for a CES conference to all Young Adults. I suggest you look up his talk, it changed my life. It was all about dealing with trials, and was based on D&C sections 121, 122, 123 while the Prophet Joseph was jailed in Liberty. The ja
il, although incarceration, was more liberating than a lot of other trials come upon by the Prophet. We all need to realize that through our trials, we gain knowledge both spiritual and temporal to help us make it through the day.

Well... I should go do homework. Please text me, remember me in your prayers.

I love you all.

4 comments:

Adam and Shalisa said...

Love you hair very cute! Looks like you having fun and enjoying school.

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! I am so glad that you are so busy and staying out of trouble:) I think it is awesome that you are reading the BOM for 30 min a day and keeping a scripture journal!!! Chili's has opened and I am so excited that we get to go when you get home!!!! Thanks for posting your new addy I will try to get you a little something in the mail for your b-day no promises on it making it on time though;)

Jackie said...

I LOVE LOVE your hair! It is great! So glad you're enjoying the semester so far - you live right down the hall from where I lived my freshmen year! Are you in the BYU 153rd ward? That was my ward! I loved going to the Tuesday devotionals - if your schedule is open then, you should definitely go. A great lift every week. Enjoy!

Elisa Wright said...

thank you so much!!!

I love you all.